How Can you Get Instagram on iPad? [Installation Steps 2022]
With more than one billion users, Instagram stands tall as one of the most popular social apps worldwide. But it is kind of disappointing that iPad users don’t have an official Instagram app to install on their device. But there is no need to worry!
Here we will find some tips and solutions you can use to have Instagram installed on your iPad and enjoy using it. You have 2 ways to bring this app to your home on your screen and enjoy exploring it on a bigger screen.
If you want the new update about Instagram in 2022, Adam Mosseri, the head of Instagram, has announced that there won’t be an iPad version of Instagram anytime soon because there are not enough users!
Although the best way to have your account on your iOS tablet is the original version, when it is not available, we will do something else.
How to get the Instagram iPhone App to Your iPad?
You can have this amusing app on your iPad; although there is no official app available, we have 2 genius ways to get Instagram. Without further ado, let’s get started.
- Head to the App Store and click on its icon located on your iPad Screen.
- Now on the “App Store,” search for Instagram.
- Download and install the official Instagram application.
Now how to use this app on your iOS device? Follow the steps below:
- After you have installed the app on your iPad and you have logged in, return to your iPad Home Screen and open Photos.
- When your Photos appear, navigate to the album or folder in which you keep the image you want to post to Instagram and tap it.
- Tap the “Share” option, represented by a square with an up arrow, and it is located in the right-hand corner of the screen from the top.
- The Share Sheet should be displayed right now, overlaying the bottom half of the screen. Tap on the “More” button.
- Tap on the toggle to turn it into the green. Then you can hit the “Done.”
- A new option is available after all these processes, Tap Instagram.
- The Instagram window will appear and asks you to write a caption for the photo. Type your caption and add the related hashtags, and tap Share.
- Your currently shared post should be visible on your IG profile.
This is how you can share a post on your Instagram iPad version in the absence of the official application. Now, what is the second solution? Using your web browser. In the next section, we elaborate on that topic.
How can you use a web browser to get Instagram on Your iPad?
You can browse Instagram through the iPhone-specific app with the window size and vertical-only layout, but that’s far from ideal. It is better for you to use a web browser like Safari on your iPad, which can offer you to provide something near to the full-screen experience.
To browse Instagram on your iPad:
- Open your iPad’s browser (Safari is recommended) and navigate to the official Instagram website: instagram.com.
- Now you need to enter your username and pass to log in.
- You can add content to your Instagram Story on iPad the same way you do on your phone, within the app itself. But you have to know that the app does not support landscape orientation.
- You’ll need to get help from your tablet in Portrait mode to solve this problem.
Besides these 2 tricks, you can get help from third-party apps. In addition to Instagram’s official app, some third-party apps and tools like Buffer or Repost are available in the App Store and assist you in viewing your Instagram feed in a custom interface. Some also allow you to share new posts using them.
The User interface of the Instagram app isn’t designed to be suitable for the iPad. The steps and tricks mentioned above can prove to be of great aid to having the Instagram app on your iPad and exploring easily.
There is No Instagram app for iPad users anytime soon, so if you are an iOS user and you want to explore the most popular visual-sharing app on your device, use these tricks.
This is because the head of Instagram claims that there are not enough iPad Instagram users for the app but acknowledged that many have requested for Instagram to make one.
If we find any new information on this topic, we will let you know as soon as possible.
In a summary
As you know, there is no official Instagram app for iPad devices. So in this article, we include some ways you can try to experience Instagram on your iPad. If you have used any of them, please share your ideas.
What do you think about the Instagram iPad version? Would the Instagram managers change their minds, or do we just have to continue this way?