How to Change Your Region on Instagram? ( Android & iPhone)
Instagram is a significant part of our lives nowadays. There isn’t a single day without checking Instagram. The content that is shared on this forum daily is enormous.
At first, people just used Instagram to share pictures, but now, you can use it to text your followers, share videos and reels, and so on.
When we are at home, at work, on vacation, or just simply hanging out with friends, we always check this app, make posts and stories, and share them with our followers.
Now consider that you are on vacation abroad or have moved to another city or country.
In this case, you need to change your region to where you are right now. If you don’t know how to do that, stay with us till the end of this article, so we will tell you how to do that.
How can you change your region on Instagram?
First of all, we recommend you download the original version of the Instagram application from the Google Play Store. Now you can change your country using these structures.
Also, if you haven’t changed your location, you can still use it to pretend you are somewhere else.
You can use apps and VPNs for this purpose, but remember that using a virtual private network (VPN) or apps like that is NOT allowed, and it might cause some troubles for your account.
However, in the following part, we introduce an app for you that can be used for this changing location:
- iMyFone AnyTo
You can use this app to change your location, and it works for both android and iPhone devices.
The benefits of changing your region on Instagram?
Although it is not recommended changing your location on Instagram, there are some benefits of changing it both for personal and professional accounts.
In the below section, we mention some of these benefits:
- People use locations and hashtags to find posts and users.
- For business owners, it is better to add a location on their posts to put their business on the Instagram map.
- Changing your location will increase your engagement rate.
Is it recommended changing your location?
Instagram recommends you activate your own region and avoid using VPNs and other tools for changing your region.
Turn on location access for Android devices:
- Find your Android phone’s Settings.
- Tap on Apps & notifications.
- Find the Instagram application.
- On Permissions, select the location.
- Between “Allow all the time” or “Allow only while using the app” choose one to allow location access.
Turn on location for iPhone device:
- Go to your iPhone’s Settings.
- In the Privacy menu, tap on Location Services.
- On the menu, find Instagram.
- To enable location access, select “While Using the App.”
If you can’t verify your location on Instagram, fewer people will show your posts, and some features might not work.
You can add your location within the Instagram app. For this one, follow the below steps:
- Tap on “Edit Profile.”
- Out from “Business Information” menu, click on “Contact Options.”
- Enter your new location.
Add location to your posts.
Adding the location for your post is highly recommended; doing this will put you on the Instagram map, and people will find you by the location.
To do this:
- First, tap the 3 dots above your post. Then tap on Edit.
- Select Add Location, and enter it.
To edit a location:
- Tap the location name.
- Then either “Remove Location” or “Change Location” by the drop-down menu (for iOS users)
- Select Other Location from the Page (for Android users).
According to Instagram rules and their announcements, you are not recommended changing your location if you are not actually changing!
And besides that, you are not allowed to use VPNs or other apps for it.
If you have moved to other countries and want to change your region, just make sure you have activated your location (GPS) while using this app.
Most of the users don’t pay attention to their location on Instagram, but it is essential to verify it and use it on every post you make.
It will increase your engagement rate and let users find you by searching the exact location.
If you have any suggestions about this paper, please share them with us in the comment section. We want to hear from you.