How to Use Linktree on Instagram? & How to Change its URL?
As you know, Instagram’s bio section characters and elements are limited. One should wisely choose the information he wants to add to his profile’s Bio. And also, the blank place in this section should be well filled to be eye-catching.
If you add lots of elements, your audience will be confused; also, it would show the appearance so messy. Well, nobody wants that!
We cannot add all the information or links to other social media there.
Instagram has only one place for sharing links, which is the “website” section. So if you want to expand your business or brand and work through Instagram and add other links in your Bio, you will need help like linktree.
But first, let’s get to know what linktree is? As I guess you might not be familiar with it.
What is Linktree?
Linktree lets you create a personalized and customized page with all the essential links you want to share with your attendance.
This platform can be used as an assistant for your social media like Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, or LinkedIn. You can use it to help discover your business or work.
Whenever you set up your Linktree and add all your links, copy its URL and add it into the “Website” section of Instagram or other apps’ Bio like Facebook.
You don’t have to change the link in your Bio every time.
To put it simply, it is a social media landing page gadget that aids users set out their web links. Now let’s take a look at Linktree’s uses on Instagram and how to add it to the Bio.
What Is Linktree Used For?
On Instagram, the only way to share a link is by adding a website link in the bio section. So you will be able to add just a single link.
Linktree gives Instagram users a place to present multiple links and amuses their followers.
As an example, you might want to link to your blog, YouTube channel, Twitter, or Facebook page.
Just wait for a second! We can’t ramble on too many links in a limited place! You can add a Linktree page that contains all those links. So clean and neat. Without further ado, let’s find out how to build a Linktree page.
How to build a Linktree page?
Here we guide you to build your page step by step:
- In a web browser, navigate to Linktree and find “Sign up Free” or “Get Started for Free.”
- Use your email address, write a username and password, and then tap on “Register.”
- After entering your name, choose at least three categories that describe your links well, and then select “Save Details.”
- You can select both free and paid versions of linktree.
- It sends you a verification link to your email message. Verify your email and then continue.
- Tap on “Add New Link” and enter a title and your link. The link displays on the right. Repeat this process as much time as you want to add links.
- Find the three gray dots and then drag the link into place to save the links. You can delete a link by selecting the trash icon.
- In the Settings section of the menu, you can customize the chosen links.
- In the “Appearance,” change your landing page looks.
- Choose a profile image and a theme. If you are using the paid version, scroll down to find extra options to customize your page.
- In the end, select Share. You will face 2 options: “Copy my Linktree URL” and “Download my Linktree QR code.”
How to use linktree on Instagram?
After creating your linktree, it’s time to add it to the bio section of your Instagram account.
To do this:
- Open the Instagram application and navigate to your profile.
- Tap on “Edit Profile.”
- In the “Website” section, enter your Linktree link, and then you are done.
With these 3 steps, you’ve added multiple links to your Instagram bio.
Note: In July 2018, Instagram mistakenly marked all Linktree links as spam to find the third-party spam apps. The slip was corrected by Instagram instantly, but mistakes might happen again, so take care of your data while using any application.
How can you change the Linktree URL?
Your Linktree username is the name that you log in to on this tool, and it is shown at the end of your URL. Once you have changed your Linktree username, you need to update the new Linktree URL of the Instagram bio where you have shared.
To change the Linktree URL:
- On the main page of your Linktree account, scroll down to find the Account actions section.
- Tap on the Change username, and a pop-up notif will appear.
- Enter the new username that you like and choose the Review username change option.
- After reading the prompts, hit on the Confirm Change.
If your considered username is already taken, you need to change it to another username instead. Remember that you can only change and update your username once every seven days.
Some apps are so helpful for our business or work or expanding our brand on social media if we use them well. As you have noticed, Linktree can help us set up all the links related to our business in the bio section on Instagram.
By doing this, your audience has easy access to your other platforms, and they won’t be confused by facing lots of data and links that you put unorganized in the Bio.
Setting all the links you want for your followers represents you as a professional and trusted business owner.
If you want to be triumphant in your business, or work, or developing your brand, pay attention to make easy access for your target audience to find you on all the platforms that you are active.
Have you ever used Linktree?
If you are about to use it, this article will help you step by step, and if you have problems, we will gladly answer you in the comment below.