Are There Any Advantages of Using Instagram As an iPhone User?
When Instagram first launched, the app was exclusively for iOS users. Then two years later, in 2012, it was launched for Android users too. Instagram became popular, and lots of people downloaded it in the first few days.
Although Instagram wasn’t working well for android users, they didn’t want to quit because they loved this new platform. Let’s see why Instagram looks better on iPhone, and what are the benefits?
The reason might be optimizing all the Android devices for Instagram was difficult. Since there are so many phone producers for Android devices, Instagram can’t optimize their app for each one of those.
Why are some features better shown in iPhone?
Some features like Instagram stories are better shown on iPhone devices. The blame again is not on Instagram. While taking a photo or video on Android, it takes a screenshot or screen recording of what’s on your phone’s display.
This is why Instagram Stories on Android phones aren’t as clean and neat as on iPhones.
What features are there on iPhone devices that Android doesn’t have?
- Instagram is more smoothed in iOS. Specially Instagram stories.
- The transition effects are considered in a better place on iOS.
- The Android version doesn’t have the blur feature yet.
- There are some slight differences on the settings tab.
- Instagram receives its updates on iOS devices earlier than the android devices.
- Lots of new features or tests are first to appear in the iOS version of Instagram.
Here are some tips for iOS users for using Instagram more professionally:
Arrange Push Notification Settings flawlessly
If you don’t receive all the notifications on Instagram, set it up based on your preferences.
Save your device’s data on Instagram
It is better to save Instagram data on the app itself.
Keep the search history clean
It’s better to clear your search history on Instagram and remove all investigations of what you have searched for.
Save Posts or stories as a Draft.
Save your unfinished posts or stories as a draft and return to make some changes and publish them:
- Mute Stories that are unnecessary, or you don’t like to watch.
- Hide inappropriate comments or abusive words that you don’t want to see in your comment section.
- Archive or highlight the Posts or Stories that you like.
- In case that you want to share a story with your close friends; you can make close friends list.
- View or download your Instagram data.
Please send your request to them and wait for 48 hours to respond. The link of your data will remain only for four days. Try to download the data as soon as you get the email.
Hide likes or views on your Instagram posts.
You can hide likes or views on your Instagram posts, or even hide others’ opinions if you want. Note that this feature is not activated for Reels.
Share a tweet on your Instagram Stories on iPhone.
If you want to use Instagram to share your tweets and expand your communication on Twitter:
- Open your Twitter app.
- Select a tweet.
- Tap the Share button on the tweet.
- Choose Instagram Stories.
These were some tips and guidance to organize your Instagram account more efficiently.
Remember that almost all the users have these options on their devices, whether they are using iOS or Android.
But there is a thing that not all features of Instagram are available to everyone; it depends upon the type of account you have or your verification.
If you don’t know how to get that blue mark (Instagram verification), check the link below and find out how to do that?
Is there anything that you wish to have on this list? Do you think are there any differences between the Android and iOS versions of Instagram?