How to use Instagram Video Call on PC or Laptop? [Windows & Mac]
Instagram released its video chatting feature in 2018, and many users welcomed this great feature. It is an easy, handy, and featured tool for communicating and having face-to-face interaction with your friends, family, and followers on this fantastic platform.
Most people use the phone version of Instagram, and they are comfortable with it, but others prefer the desktop version due to their conditions.
Using video calls on the phone is very easy and available, but it might be different on your desktop.
Since all the features are not available on PC, you need to search for a solution.
Here, in this article, we want to give you some ways which help you use this feature on your PC and Laptop.
If you are really into using the desktop version of Instagram, this article might help you a lot. So stay with us till the end.
How can you use Instagram Video Call on PC or Laptop?
Instagram has been designed for phone devices, and it doesn’t work well on desktops. The best solutions are to run this app on your computer using Android emulators or use your browser for this purpose. We recommend the Chrome browser.
Emulators enable you to run android apps on your computer as if they are on your phone.
In the following part, we introduce the most known and used android emulators, and we will tell you how they work.
Use Chrome browser to enable Instagram Video Call on PC or Laptop
Using a Chrome browser might take more time, and it might be a bit complicated, but users tend to use this way more than the other one. So we start with this one.
Follow the steps below to enable Instagram Video Call on your computer:
- Open your Chrome browser and download the ARC Welder app launcher from its web store.
- On Google Play, Search Instagram, then copy the link.
- Paste it on the APK Downloader website, then download the file.
- Copy the package to a secured folder. (the APK shouldn’t be changed or deleted)
- On the ARC Welder, add the file.
- As the Orientation, Select “Portrait,” then “Phone” as a Form Factor.
- Tap on the “Launch App” option.
Now you have launched the Instagram app. You can log into your account and have a video call as you do in your phone application!
As I mentioned before, most users prefer this way because they don’t want to install other software on their laptops.
But using emulators have its own fans! So in the following part, we give you structures to enable this solution.
Use android emulators to enable Instagram Video Call on PC or Laptop
Using emulators take more storage and processes on your PC. So make sure your device is OK with it. We introduce 2 apps that helps you run Android apps on your desktop.
First things first, Download BlueStacks from the website and install it. Then follow the steps below:
- Open the app and search for Instagram on the top bar.
- Now Install Instagram.
- After installing the IG application, you need to restart your PC or Laptop.
- Then Enter Instagram from the BlueStacks homepage.
- On Instagram, log into your account and then hit the button in the top right corner of your feed.
- Finally, click on the button from the top bar and select a user to make a video call. It is done!
The other emulator is NoxPlayer.
NoxPlayer is the other emulator that stimulates an android device on your desktop. This app doesn’t work on Linux, like the previous one. You can utilize it on Mac or Windows devices.
- First, Download NoxPlayer and install it on your computer.
- In the app, search for Instagram on the Play.
- After Installing Instagram, Open it from the NoxPlayer homepage and log into your account.
- Now, you can use Instagram as the phone version.
After all these steps, you can make video calls and enjoy this feature on your computer and laptop.
This way is more accessible than the first one, but as you already know, it requires more space on your device.
As a final observation
Using these structures provides calling Instagram from your Windows or Mac device. It is a handy trick for those who use more Instagram desktop versions like creators and Instagram managers.
Instagram has become a great business application, and people are not using it just for fun anymore. So it is understandable why some users want to use this app on their PC.
Please share it with us in the comment section if you know of any other way to make Instagram video calls on a computer.
Have you ever made video calls with your friends on Instagram? Did you enjoy the experience?