How to Read the “Unsend” Messages on Instagram? [See all the Deleted messages]
Have you ever noticed someone texted you on Instagram, and then they had “unsend” it? You definitely would be curious about the message and what it was about.
The direct section has changed a lot in recent years. Instagram has added so many great options, which makes the direct section the first place users go to send messages.
In this section, Instagram users have the ability to “Unsend” their messages without the other one noticing. Unlike WhatsApp, which sends a notification that this chat was deleted, Instagram never notified the other user.
Still, sometimes you could be online and have your phone in your hand. Then someone sends you a direct message and then quickly deletes it. You have noticed that you had a message, but you didn’t recognize what it was about! What would you do in this situation?
In this paper, we want to know if it is possible or not and explain how you can do this?
The good news is you have simple methods to aim this will. So if you want to read the “Unsend” messages, read this article till the end.
How can you read unsend messages on Instagram direct?
In this part, we introduce you to an app that helps you read the Instagram messages that have been unsend.
But you can see the messages just after installing this app. It won’t reveal the messages you have received before this method. So if you like to stop this from happening again, you can follow the steps below.
You can see the unsend messages using the “WhatisRemoved+” application. This app will save the messages, more precisely, the notifications you receive on Instagram.
Android users can download this app and run it on their phones. This app will automatically save Instagram messages. You can read that notification anytime, even after the sender has deleted it.
You can select the apps’ notifications that you want to save in the apps’ setting. So this is actually a helpful tool.
To read unsend messages on Instagram direct on Android devices, follow the steps below:
- Download then install the WhatsRemoved+ app on your phone.
- Now you have to enable access to the notifications in your android device settings.
- You need to select Instagram from the screen and tap on the “Next” button on this menu.
- Now, the app will require access to your storage on your device. (if you have chosen the Instagram app, you don’t need to give them access to your storage.
- After you have completed the setup process, find the Instagram tab.
When you receive a new message on Instagram, the app automatically saves it. After installing the application, you can find all your Instagram notifications, even the deleted ones.
Yes, I said all the notifications, but there are some exceptions. In the paragraph below, you will find out what cases you can’t save and see the unsend messages.
- WhatsRemoved+ will save the Instagram texts only when they are delivered on your phone. So it is better to keep your device connected to the internet.
- Also, If you have muted some messages from a user, you can’t see their unsend messages. It would help if you unmuted all chats in your account on Instagram.
- As I mentioned before, you can’t see the deleted messages before you install the WhatsRemoved+ app.
- In the same way, you also can’t recover files that have been deleted from an Instagram chat.
To read unsend messages on Instagram direct on iPhone devices, follow the guidance below:
There is another app that can be a great help for you. We tried to add another app, so you can choose the one you are most comfortable with.
If you are an iPhone user, you can install the “Pushover Notifications” application. And “Notification History Log” is the other application you can install on your Android, and use it to reveal the unsend messages.
After installing the Notification History Log application on your android device, follow the steps below:
- After that, you have to give these apps the permissions and then enable the accessibility option.
- You are done! After that, when a user sends you anything on Instagram and unsend it, you can use this useful notification history app to see the deleted messages.
We hope these apps benefit you and give you what you need in the rest of your Instagram exploration.
In this part, we tried to bring some useful apps for android and iOS devices to reveal the unsend messages from Instagram. This is possible just for the notifications, and you have to be connected to the internet to receive these notifications.
Instagram is a great app both for texting and sharing things. Most users love the direct section and use it for their daily conversations.
If you enjoyed this topic, please inform us in the comments, and also, you can share your questions, so we can answer.