How to Remove Sharing to Other Apps on Instagram? | Disconnect Apps & Websites
Instagram is a platform where you can link it to other apps like Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr. Instagram lets you share your posts simultaneously on these apps and your Instagram content.
You might have been allowed them access in the past, but now you don’t know how to stop sharing your Instagram content with other apps. In this part, we talk about this issue. And something else1
there are also some other third-party apps that this visual sharing platform lets you connect to your account.
Some apps you might have installed to check the accounts that unfollowed you on Instagram or manage your multiple accounts.
Like Facebook, our beloved app lets you connect your account with other third-party services. You might have used your Instagram account to log in to some apps in the past, and also, you might stop using them now. It’s probable to remain authorized to your profile.
Here we will go through these 2 topics and let you know how to remove sharing to other apps on Instagram and disconnect apps and websites that you’ve logged in to or connected to on Instagram.
This can be useful for users not interested in their Instagram accounts being linked to any other apps, so let’s dive in.
First, we are going through disconnecting apps and websites you’ve connected on Instagram.
How can you disconnect apps and websites you’ve connected on Instagram?
If you want to delete sharing to other apps on Instagram, you need to do it on your browser because Instagram does not offer it on the phone and is currently limited to the website.
So, you can follow the steps to step guide below and solve this issue.
To disconnect an Instagram account from other social networks, you have to:
- Open a web browser on your phone or PC, and go to the official Instagram website.
- Now you have to log in to Instagram by entering your username and password.
- Click on your profile picture and head to your main profile feed.
- Click on the gear next to the “Edit Profile” button.
- You will see the “Apps and Websites” option in third place on the pop-up menu.
- Hit on this option, and you’ll see all the apps and websites that are authorized to access your Instagram account.
- Look for the websites and apps you no longer use and want to remove access for.
- Click on the “Remove” button under the app and confirm. Do the same for other applications you wish if required.
Finito! the apps you disconnected from your Instagram account will no longer be able to access your profile information.
Now let’s see how to remove sharing to other apps on Instagram.
How can you remove sharing to other apps on Instagram?
As mentioned above, on Instagram, you can connect to 3 apps (Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr) and share any content you are currently sharing on Instagram.
But if you want to stop sharing to other apps on Instagram, what would you do? If you don’t know, here we have provided step-by-step guidance to help you stop sharing your content with other apps. We want to see how to do that.
To remove sharing to other apps on Instagram, you need to take the steps below on your iPhone or Android:
- Head to the Instagram app and go to your Instagram profile.
- Tap on the menu on the right side of your screen and then find the Settings section.
- Select the “Account” button.
- And you can see “Sharing to Other Apps,” and then you can choose between the apps like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Ameba, and OK.ru.
- Tap on each app you like and choose the “Unlink Account” for iOS users or “Unlink” for Android users.
- In the end, confirm your request.
You did it! This is how you can remove sharing your Instagram account with other apps on your Instagram app.
Notably, you can’t do this on the Instagram website, so you will not see these options if you use your phone browser or PC. It is limited to the Instagram app.
It is good to have your Instagram account on the other apps and platforms and link them. This shows a trustable face of your accounts to your followers and customers if you are a professional account and do business on this app.
But we recommend not linking your Instagram profile to other unknown third-party apps for your safety and security.
Here we have discussed how you can disconnect apps and websites you’ve connected on this platform and provide step-by-step guidance to remove sharing to other apps on Instagram.
Thanks for reading our article “How to remove sharing to other apps on Instagram?” If you have any further worries, please share them with us so we can help you on these topics.
What is Instagram sharing with other apps?
It is an excellent feature on Instagram, which lets you take a photo or video on Instagram and share them on each social network (like Facebook or Twitter, Tumblr, Ameba, and OK.ru) you want to share.
Should I allow third-party apps Instagram?
To allow sharing Instagram on other apps, you have to Go to your Instagram profile and tap on the menu, then select Settings. Find the Account options, and you will see Sharing to Other Apps. Then choose among the social networks to log in and link your accounts.
What does sharing an Instagram account mean?
It means you can simultaneously share any content you are currently sharing on Instagram on other suggested apps.