Is there a way to see your old deleted Instagram posts?
Instagram is one of the best places to keep our memories as a photo or a video. It can be a kind of diary for those who try to capture their moments and post them or make stories.
Just grab your phone or your camera, take a picture, and post it by adding lots of great filters and writing a memorable caption. You have shared your diary as a post!
This platform has an “Archived” feature that stores our posts and stories and reminds us of next year’s exact day. But what happens to our deleted old posts on Instagram? What will happen if we have lost them? How can we find them?
What happens if you unconsciously and accidentally delete one of your old posts? Well, the answer is a YES! Luckily, there are some amazing ways to see your deleted photos on your Android or iPhone device in no time. So stay tuned, and let’s find out these tricks.
How can you see your deleted Instagram posts on your android device?
In this part, we mention some ways you can recover your posts using them. Hopefully, they will help you in finding and recovering your old photos.
Instagram Archive Section
The first ability you can use, as we mentioned above, is the archive section! As you know, Instagram doesn’t have recovery options, but the posts you have shared are stored in the archive.
Now, how can you have access to this section? Follow the steps blew:
- Navigate to Instagram and then go to your profile page.
- Tap on the three-line in the top right corner of the screen.
- Find the archive section and tap on it.
- In this part, you can select what you want to recover. It can be your posts or a story.
- Choose the post that you want to recover and double tap on it.
- After that, you need to tap on the “Show” on Profile to recover the post.
Now let’s move on to the other options at hand.
Search your gallery
In case you couldn’t find your old post in the archive section, you might find it in your gallery. It is a reliable way to find them because the posts we share on Instagram will be saved in our gallery. Instagram saves a copy of the photo in your phone gallery, so we will search the Instagram folder to find our missing posts and pictures.
These are the folders you can search to find your deleted post:
- Phone’s gallery.
- Instagram folder.
- DCIM folder.
- Another folder in your gallery where you might have saved images.
On your android device, you can search your file manager to find the missing photo.
How can you see your deleted Instagram posts on your iOS device?
iPhone has a remarkable feature that does not directly delete your photos. You have your deleted photo 30 days inside the recently deleted folder.
For searching that part, you can do the steps below:
- On the Photos app, tap on the “Albums” section at the bottom of the screen.
- Find the Recently Deleted folder in this section. Here you can find the last 30 days deleted photos.
- If you find the missing picture, select to recover.
- You also can tap on the “Recover all” button to save all images.
If you still can’t find the missing post or photo, there is another option. You can ask for Instagram’s help! You can download your Instagram data and get a file with your photos, comments, messages, and more.
How to download Instagram data using the mobile app?
If you didn’t find that specific image on your phone, you can download all your data from Instagram and have all your old posts, stories, comments, and anything you have shared on this platform.
You will require to do some simple steps:
- Open the Instagram app and find your profile page.
- In the upper corner of your main page, tap the three horizontal lines.
- Then, select “Settings” and then “Security.”
- Under the “Data and History” section, find and tap on “Download Data.”
- Enter your email address and select “Request Download.”
- After entering your password, tap on “Next.”
After 48 hours, you’ll receive an email including your Instagram data. You can find all your old photos, comments, and even chats in your direct section.
This is the final step to find the old posts on Instagram. It is 100% useful, and you can find your missing data. The steps are entirely the same through the Instagram website.
How can you view this data?
Stay with us to view Instagram’s data to send to you step by step.
- On the Instagram app, go to your profile page.
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the upper corner of your profile page.
- Then, tap “Settings” and then select “Security.”
- Under “Data and History,” you can see “Access Data.”
We hope that you can find your missing image after all these steps. The posts and stories that you delete within the Instagram app will be saved in the “Recently Delete” section, and they will remain for 30 days. But finding the old photos and posts can be a little tricky, so you can search more places to find them.
Where is the “Recently Deleted” section on Instagram?
First, make sure you have updated your Instagram to the last version, and then do as below:
- Tap on your profile handle to go to your profile page.
- Select three lines to open the menu and find the “Activity” section.
- In this part, find the “Recently Deleted” option.
- At the top, select the type of content you’d like to restore or permanently delete, including your posts, stories, reels, and videos.
- Select more options on the right, then tap “Restore to profile” or “Restore to restore content” or delete it.
After all, it is said and done…
If you are obsessed with your Instagram data and can’t stand missing one, make sure you have activated the bottom that saves your posts and stories in the gallery section. So, in that case, you have no trouble finding them.
In this part, we have mentioned some ways to see your old deleted Instagram posts. If you have any questions on this topic, ask us, we will gladly respond in the comments below.