How to Unlink Facebook from Instagram & What Happens Next?
Instagram and Facebook are 2 great and popular platforms in the world. Metaverse Company owns these magnificent social Media, and they have over 1 billion active users daily, which is a considerable number.
Most users have both Facebook and Instagram accounts, so they have linked them to have easy access to their messages and followers.
Users will have more options if they link both their accounts.
By linking your Instagram account to a Facebook profile, you can directly share posts and stories from Instagram to Facebook.
However, some users might want their accounts to be separated. The reason might be the constant “Add friends” suggestions or something else.
You can use the structure below to unlink the two social media platforms. You also will be able to disconnect Facebook Messenger from your Instagram, but remember, in that case, you won’t be able to have their combined options anymore.
In the following part, we will know how to unlink these 2 social media and add the consequences or gone features after that process.
First, you should know what happens when you unlink Facebook on Instagram?
This will keep your 2 profiles separately. It won’t be a big deal, but you might miss some features that you had before.
Here we mentioned them:
- At first, this relinking leads to that Instagram won’t suggest you follow your Facebook friends on this platform, and vice versa. By unlinking these 2 platforms, you won’t sign in to the other automatically when you have logged into one service.
- Second hand, in case of removing your Facebook profile from your Instagram account, it will also unlink the Facebook Messenger. This means you will no longer be able to use the advantage of Facebook’s valuable and popular app, messenger.
- Finally, you won’t be able to post on both accounts automatically. However, your previous shared posts will remain on both platforms after the process is complete. But you won’t be able to post automatically after the unlinking process is done.
Now let’s check out how we can disconnect Facebook from Instagram.
How to Unlink Facebook on the Instagram website?
You can just unlink Facebook and Instagram within the Instagram application or website. One can’t use the Facebook app or website for this purpose.
Follow the steps below for disconnecting process:
- Log into the Instagram website and navigate to your profile icon. After that, tap on “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- On the Settings section, scroll down to the bottom and find the “Accounts Center.”
- You will now see the listed, linked accounts of Instagram and Facebook on this part. Choose the “Accounts & profiles” section to start the disconnect processing for two profiles.
- You have to click on the account you want to remove.
- Tap on “Remove from Accounts Center” in the shown-up window.
- A warning message will pop up, saying: do you want to disable connected experiences for accounts? If you are sure of doing it, ignore the alert and click on “Continue.”
- In the end, click on the remove button to finish this process.
Now your accounts are disconnected, and that’s it; your accounts won’t be automatically logged in again.
How to Unlink Facebook and Instagram Using the App itself?
It doesn’t matter you are an Android user or an iOS one, and the process is the same for both devices.
All that we have to do is trace the guide below:
- Open the app, navigate to your main page, tap on three parallel lines, and open the setting tab.
- After that, find the “Accounts Center.” Here, you can find the option to disconnect your Facebook from Instagram accounts.
- Momentarily, tap on the “Accounts & profiles” section, and select the account you want to remove on the opening page.
- After these steps, click on “Remove from Accounts Center.” Ignore the warning message if you are determined and choose “Continue.”
That’s it; You successfully unlinked the accounts.
In my opinion, this process is easier on the Instagram application rather than the website.
Make Long Story Short
As we already mentioned, combining and connecting your accounts leads to having more options on both sides, but if you want to unlink them, you can use the structures above.
You will no longer be able to post to Facebook from Instagram automatically.
We brought guidance to disconnecting process for both android and iOS devices. Even you can do it on the Instagram website.
But if you have any problems following these processes, notify us in the comment below, so we can help you.