How to Upload a Live Photo to Instagram? [Share Creative Content on IG]
As you know, Instagram is the best and the most used platform to showcase our photos. No difference whether you are using this platform for your personal or business purposes; this is an ideal platform for all people with their desires.
If you upload high-quality photos and videos, you will attract more followers, and you can increase your account’s engagement.
But as you know, nowadays, the content users are sharing is photo-based or video-based and nothing more. Well, there are other ways to add some creativity and be a bit different from others.
And a question pops into your mind: OK, how can I post something that is not a photo or a video? The answer is Live Photo!
This recent photography option in phones does not only capture just a moment in a frame. It looks alive and fresh. Some Galaxy phones depending on their model and iPhones have this option.
Many Instagrammers that have this feature on their phone don’t know anything about it! Do you want to know how to post a live photo on Instagram? Stay with us.
How can you take a Live Photo on your iPhone to share it on Instagram?
Live photos are an excellent option that lets you capture a moment with its sound and movement. Your phone will capture the live photo when you click your shutter button. If you want to understand how it works, follow the guidance.
To take a live photo:
- Open your iPhone’s camera.
- Now you can turn on the Live Photos setting by tapping the icon at the top of your screen.
- Once you have enabled it, it should turn yellow.
- Now you keep your phone steady on the subject for at least 1.5 seconds, then press the shutter.
When you hold on to the button, your camera will take a live photo for 1.5 seconds. You also can take live pictures with both cameras.
You can see your Live Photos in your gallery or on your camera roll. It has a single symbol on the top left. If you like to mute the sound of the taken Live Photo or even disable the Live’s features, all you have to do is tap on the “Edit” option on the top of your photo.
How to upload and share the live photo on Instagram?
Instagram doesn’t provide a specific feature to post a motion picture instantly, and as you know, Live photos are motion pictures.
Regarding this fact, uploading them differs from regular posts on Instagram. Do you want to learn how to post your live picture on Instagram? Here we have brought its ways.
Boomerang is a kind of short video that you can save your live photos and share on Instagram.
To convert your Live Photo into a Boomerang, do as steps below:
- Open the camera and select the Live Photo you have taken from your photo gallery.
- Hold your finger in the middle of your screen. You will see a white circle and the “Boomerang” word.
- Tap to “Save” the Boomerang.
- Head back to Instagram and create a new post uploading the Boomerang.
To share your live photo on Instagram, you have to save it as a video, then upload the live picture on your Instagram account.
Post a live photo on Instagram as a video using the steps below:
- Open iPhone’s camera, then Select “Live Photos.”
- Pick the Live Photo you’d wish to share on your Instagram account.
- Tap on the share icon on the lower side of your screen.
- Finally, you can tap on “Save as Video.”
Voila! Now just share it and enjoy your mesmerizing post.
Convert the live photos to GIFs
You can utilize a tool to transform your taken photos into GIFs. There are so many converters that you can use, and they instantly convert your images into GIFs.
Want to Post your Live Photo in the Story section?
You are already aware of the massive usage of Instagram stories. As you know, there are 500 million users who upload stories on Instagram daily. So you can try sharing your live photo on stories too.
All you need to do is:
- Head to your Instagram, and go to your feed.
- You can witness the camera icon on the top left of the screen. Tap on it.
- Swipe up the screen or tap on the little gallery in the lower-left corner.
- Select your Live Photo, which you want to upload to the story.
- After loading the photo, press on the screen to enable 3D Touch and the Boomerang.
- Now just share it.
If you want to know that can you take live photos on Instagram itself, the answer is YES! But there is no “Live Photo” option on this app! So what can you do? All you can do is use the Boomerang option.
To use this feature on Instagram, follow the instructions below:
- On the Instagram feed, swipe right to access the Instagram stories.
- On the left side of your screen, you can see some options.
- Find and Select ‘Boomerang,’ which is the second from the top.
- Now, tap the white shutter button to shoot.
- After you’re done, edit it or add some text.
- Lastly, tap on the ‘Your Story’ button and share it!
Keep in mind that you can NOT edit your IG story after publishing it, so do what is needed carefully.
All in all
Instagram is the best app to show your visual content in any format. There are also so many options to edit them and make them even better. Adding texts, gifs, music, and other things can help you create better content, gain more followers, and increase your engagement rate.
If you have any new ideas on this topic, you can share them with us, and we will add them to this section.