How to Upload a Full-Size Photo on Instagram? [Using Apps]
Most Instagram users are obsessed with sharing their portraits on their accounts, and these pictures sometimes are more extensive than the square size that is for Instagram. If you want to fit the whole picture on Instagram, there are a few options you can do as you desire.
As you know, some pictures, like portraits or wide pictures, need more space to be shared, and the excellent announcement is that Instagram has provided this option.
If you wish to post a full portrait (9:16) picture or video or a landscape (16:9) photo or video on Instagram, you can fit the whole picture in your IG post by following this method that we are going to share.
Instagram has a maximum facet ratio of 4:5 on post). Instagram’s limitation reduces the number of very tall images that take up a lot of vertical space in the Feed. It’s good that Instagram keeps its users from publishing massive, troublesome posts.
But on the other hand, the 4:5 limit is difficult to post a whole vertical picture or video that you shot on your phone. Stay with us to find out how you can upload a full-size photo on your Instagram account.
How can you upload a full-size photo on Instagram?
If you have taken a picture that is not in square size and it does not suitable for your Instagram post, you have 2 options. First, you can set it from the app itself.
In this option, there are some limitations, you can’t put the whole image, but still, it is enough for some users, so let’s learn it:
To upload a full-size photo on Instagram within the app, follow the steps below:
- Head to your Instagram app, and tap on the plus mark in the middle of your screen.
- Choose a photo you want to share as your post.
- Then, tap on the frame option to make the picture bigger on the lower-left side of the image.
- And then, you can continue the posting process as usual.
This is how you can post a wider image on your account, but I know it is still a bit small for some pictures. Portrait and wide pictures need more space, and Instagram can’t offer you this option. So what should you do?
You can get help from the favorite third-party apps available on the google play store and app store. Here we mention some of these apps that you can install and resize your photos to post them on your IG account.
Why did Instagram choose the squared-size photos on the Feed?
Originally, Instagram adopted the squared size photos to distinguish itself from other content-sharing apps. But they were also a practical choice.
This limitation helped the app to provide a more consistent look as users scrolled down the Feed. They also looked better on smaller phone screens.
How can you upload a full-size photo on Instagram using third-party apps?
You can post all your token photos in any size on Instagram using photo editing apps. If you want to adjust your portrait photos or other photos that you have taken, all you have to do is download one of these apps:
These are the apps you can resize and adjust the size of your photos to post them on your IG account. Here we have brought the steps you have to take to edit and resize your pictures and post them on your account. We have chosen the “Instasize” application for you in this section.
To upload a full-size photo on Instagram using third-party apps, follow the steps below:
- In the beginning, go to Google Play Store and download the Instasize app.
- Click to install it, then go and open the app.
- Tap on the plus button and choose the Photo option in order to upload an image from your gallery or camera roll.
- Now you can see the white borders appear on your photo. You need them to post your full-size photo on your Instagram account.
- You can have the option to change the borders’ color. In this case, scroll to the right and find this square icon. In this part, you can select whatever color or design you wish.
- Once you have made your photo ready, tap on the share icon on your screen.
- Select the Instagram option. Then choose the Feed.
- Now upload your Instagram post as you will usually do.
- Don’t forget to write an attractive caption and put several relevant hashtags.
- When you are done with your post, tap the Share button.
Using this method, you can upload all your photos in any size you have taken from your camera. There is no other way to post a bigger picture than the Instagram limitation on the Feed unless you use this hack.
There are so many other apps to aim this goal. Here we decided to introduce and go through the Instasize application, which you can have from the google play store.
In the end
Being able to upload and post a full-size photo is terrific! You have more content to share, and there is no need to stick to just one limitation for posting. But keep in mind that to post a photo in this way, you need to edit and resize it.
So make sure you have downloaded the mentioned apps. Please let us know if you liked this hack in the comments below.
And if you know any other third-party apps or other ways to post a full-size photo, mention them in the comments below.