How to Do a Boomerang on Instagram on Android & iOS? +Add Music
On Instagram, you can find many great options to create catchy content and share it with your audience.
Instagram, this popular platform, offers its users options like Reels, Instagram videos, Instagram Lives, and so many amazing things you can share your content and engage with your potential audience.
One of the sections you can share your content and attract new followers is the Instagram story which offers you tools to create the best stories to share.
We have given you some tips and tricks to create and share engaging stories. Like how you can change the Instagram story’s background color to make them more beautiful, or for a business account, we have added the way you can add your brand colors in the Instagram stories.
Here we want to talk about another feature in the story section, which is called Boomerang. It is one of the funniest ways to add lighthearted to the story.
We want to know how we can do a boomerang on Instagram and share it right away. Stay with us to go through this great topic together. But first, let us explain more about boomerangs.
What is a Boomerang?
Boomerang is a looped video that looks like animated Gifs. In other words, Boomerang is a video that allows Instagram users to record short videos.
Instagram created and added this feature in 2015, a one-second video that plays in a loop for six seconds.
You can share your daily to-dos or daily moments and add filters, gifs, or funny texts to design them.
It is not a video nor a Gif! It is Boomerang, and that is what it is. Boomerangs are simple and more appealing than sharing just a photo. If you are interested to know how to create boomerangs in the story section, let’s jump to the next part.
How to do a Boomerang on Instagram?
There are two ways to share the Boomerang you have made on Instagram; the first is the story itself, and the second is Instagram posts.
But first, let’s see how to create a boomerang on iPhone and Android devices, and then we will discuss how you want to share it with your friends.
How to do a boomerang on Instagram for iPhone users?
You can create boomerangs using two different methods. The first one is using Instagram itself and the second one is through the boomerang app. First, let’s examine Instagram itself.
To create a boomerang on your iPhone’s Instagram:
- Head to Instagram on your iPhone device.
- On the feed, swipe to the right or tap on your profile picture to go to the story section.
- Find the “Boomerang” option on the left side of the screen.
- Press and hold on the center button to record your Boomerang,
- Finally, you can post it as you would any other stories on Instagram.
There is another way to create a boomerang, and that is using the boomerang app called Boomerang Videos Creator for iPhone users:
- Download and open the Boomerang Videos Creator on your iPhone.
- Press and hold the button to record the Boomerang, and select the “Instagram” button.
- Then click on where you’d like to post it. On your Stories or your Feed.
Now let’s move on to the other Instagram users. Yes, Android users. Let’s see how they can create and share a great boomerang on their phone.
How to do a boomerang on Instagram for Android users?
If you want to share a boomerang on your account and impress your followers, you can find the most straightforward instruction here.
To create a boomerang on your Instagram Android, follow the steps below:
- Head to your Instagram app and tap your profile photo on the feed to access the story section.
- You can also swipe right on the feed to open stories.
- Scroll left or right at the bottom of the story section to find the Boomerang option.
- Use the record button on the screen to make a boomerang.
After the recording is done, you can use other Instagram features like: text, gifs, Instagram music, or stickers to make it funnier and then post it as a regular story.
If you want to add music to your Boomerang, follow the instructions below:
- After following the mentioned processes and creating your desired Boomerang, tap on the Sticker icon on the stories. Which is a square smiley face.
- Select the “Music” sticker.
- You can explore Instagram’s music library and pick a suitable song for your Boomerang.
- After you are “Done,” publish it to your story with your followers.
Note: Instagram music sticker is not available in all the countries due to the copyrights.
Use these tips to share the best Boomerang and enjoy others engaging with your story.
Now that we’ve reached the end
If you want to satisfy your audience, you need to share regular and creative posts and stories. One creative piece of content you can share on Instagram is Boomerang, which is not a video or a gif!
Users love sharing this feature in their story section; you can also add a boomerang on your IG posts.
If you enjoyed this topic, please share your ideas and comment down below. Do you like creating Boomerangs? Make a conversation in the comments.