Instagram Authentication Apps: Use Third-Party Apps to Set Up 2FA
People these days are obsessed with their accounts and try their best to keep them safe and try all the surety ways to keep their information safe.
As one of the most prominent and most used socials we do business with and connect with our beloved ones, Instagram contains more essential data that should be protected.
There are so many ways we have mentioned before to protect your accounts on Instagram. To protect your Instagram account, you can Turn on Instagram Two Factor Authentication, Select A Strong Password for your Instagram Account, and you can Lock Instagram App On your phone.
We all have discussed these critical security topics. We insist you read them, keep your Instagram safer, and protect your data.
Now in this article, we have chosen another security topic! Instagram authentication apps. We want to know if any other apps can help us enhance our online security.
If you can’t get enough security topics, this is another one! We will go through learning how to set up two-factor authentication on Instagram, but in this case, using a third-party app and not Instagram itself.
Let’s dive in.
Set up two-factor authentication on Instagram using a third-party app
What is two-factor authentication for Instagram? Two-factor authentication is when you log in to an app, for example, Instagram. You’ll be needed to enter your passcode and a code generated by Instagram.
This action prevents intruders, if there are any, from accessing your account. Instagram allows users to use the Google Authenticator app and protect their accounts.
So, in this part, we add the steps you can use to set up two-factor authentication on Instagram using Google Authenticator.
What is Google Authenticator?
Two-factor authentication is used to verify that someone or something is who or what they are declared to be.
There are three categories:
- Knowledge factors are the user’s information, generally a user name and passcode.
- Possession factors are items that the user has, commonly a mobile phone.
- Inherence factors are items the user is, usually a biometric characteristic such as a fingerprint.
Google authenticator helps access websites or apps like Instagram to enter a one-time passcode (OTP) that was delivered to their device, triggered by the login.
That verifies the same person entering login data on the site owns the device to which the Google Authenticator app was downloaded.
Now, as you can see, it is working just like Instagram’s two-factor authentication, but the more you enable security options on your apps and accounts, the merrier!
In the following part, we will mention how you can add Instagram to Google Authenticator on Android or iPhone devices.
How to add Instagram to Google Authenticator on an Android?
Android users can enhance their security on Instagram with the Google Authenticator app. to set it up Google Authenticator for their Instagram account and enhance their security.
You have to do the mentioned steps to set it up Google Authenticator for Android devices:
- Head to Instagram on your Android device and log in to your account.
- Tap your Instagram profile picture in the bottom-right corner.
- Go to the setting section by selecting the three lines at the top-right corner.
- On the pop-up menu, find the “Security,” and then Press on the “Two-factor authentication” option.
- After tapping on “Get Started,” choose the first option (Authentication App).
- After that, Instagram will check whether you have an authenticator app installed on your Android. If you don’t, it will suggest “Duo Mobile.”
- Tap on the search button to find and install Google Authenticator.
- After installing the Google Authenticator, head back to Instagram and follow the steps to set up 2FA.
Now it is time for iOS users let’s read the complete instructions together.
How to add Instagram to Google Authenticator on an iPhone?
Now it is time for other Instagram users, and here you can find the steps to add Instagram to Google Authenticator on an iOS device.
To add Google Authenticator to your Instagram for iOS users, you have to:
- Head to the Instagram app and tap on your profile picture in the bottom-right corner.
- Press the three-line menu at the top-right of your screen and go to “Settings.”
- Choose “Security,” then find the “Two-factor authentication” option.
- Tap on “Get started.” In this part, you’ll see 3 options: Authentication App, WhatsApp, and Text message.
- Choose “Authentication App.” After you switch the toggle button, Instagram will check whether you have the Google Authenticator app installed.
- If you have not installed Google Authenticator, Instagram will recommend the installation.
- Once installing the app, return to Instagram and follow the instructions to set up 2FA.
These are the steps you can use the Google Authenticator app to improve your Instagram security and protect your accounts.
Take your Instagram security seriously and do the mentioned steps to enhance it.
Your Instagram security depends on the activities you do. If you are worried about your Instagram data and want to improve your Instagram security even better.
In that case, you can use Instagram authentication apps like Google Authenticator and use this third-party app to set up two-factor authentication.
We added complete guidance on How to add Instagram to Google Authenticator on your devices. (Android and iPhone)
So, what is keeping you from enhancing your Instagram account’s security?
Please share your thoughts and ideas on this topic with us in the comment section. Have you ever used Google Authenticator?
- How can you enable the Authenticator app on Instagram?
Use the mentioned steps in this paper that we have added for Android and iOS devices and enable the Authenticator app on Instagram.
- Should users download the authentication app for Instagram?
Yes, we recommend downloading Google Authenticator, which we have added to all the steps in this part.