How to Make an Instagram Collection? | Organize your “Saved Posts”
Every day you see thousands of exciting and featured things on Instagram. This popular platform has become a great search engine for our daily needs where you can find anything you want.
Instagram has provided so many tools for you to be more comfortable using its great features. Back then, when you saw a post that you liked and wanted to save, you have had to take a screenshot and keep it on your galley.
Well, to be honest, it took up so many spaces on your phone, and it was not something that everyone wanted.
So Instagram and its intelligent managers decided to introduce a great feature in 2016 and solve this issue with this amazing tool. In this part, we want to talk about the Instagram collection and how to make it.
Suppose you want to know how to make an Instagram collection and use the collection on Instagram. Stay with us till the end.
What is the Instagram collection, and how to use it?
In 2016 Instagram has decided to release a bookmarking tool called a collection. Users can save any post they want by tapping the button in the right lower of the post. This post will be saved in your account. But here comes the best part.
You can make folders, save the post in its specific folder, and organize your bookmarks. In that case, you will find them quickly, and you don’t need to scroll up and down to find a post on your “Saved” section.
Now that you are familiar with this handy feature, you can use it the way you want. In the following part, we have brought some tips and guidance to help you create a better collection on Instagram and organize your bookmarks.
How to create an Instagram collection and organize your saved posts?
If you want to organize the posts that you have saved on your account, you need to read this part! Creating a collection is easy, and adding posts on them is way easier.
To create an Instagram collection after opening the Instagram app, follow the guidance below:
- Go to your Instagram profile by tapping on your profile picture in the right lower of your screen.
- Tap on the 3 line menu and select the “Saved section.”
- This is the “Collections” tab, and it contains all collections and the posts that you have saved.
- You have to tap on the plus button and create a collection on your account. Just Name it anything you want.
Congratulations! You have created your first collection. Now, if you want to add a post to your collection, read the step by step guidance below:
You have 2 options to add a post to your collection. The first one is:
- Go to the collection you have made, and you will see 3 horizontal dots at the top of your screen.
- You will see 3 options; one of them is “add to collection.”
- Now you can add any post you want from your saved posts and start the organization.
The other way you can add your posts to a collection is:
- When you see a post on your feed or in your explore section, you want to save it. Select and hold on to the bookmark icon.
- A menu will pop up which contains your collections (the folders you have made)
- And also, there is a plus mark if you want to create a new folder or collection.
- Choose any option you want and add the post to your collection.
These were 2 easy ways to create a great collection on your Instagram account. This is amazing to make some organization on your account. When you save these posts only, you can see them, and it won’t notify the creator that you have saved their posts.
Why Instagram collections and saved posts are so important?
You might have already known that collection and, in other words, “Saved posts” are counted in Instagram metrics. So when you save a post, the algorithm of Instagram understands that this post is useful for you. These two benefits you and the creator.
Why? If something is important for you and you save it on your collection, you will see more of them on your feed.
On the other hand, when one of the posts of a creator is being saved, the Instagram algorithm detects their content as valuable and essential, and it will go more on the explore section and gain more engagement rate.
- If you like to see the number of accounts that saved your content on their “Saved section,” you have to switch to an Instagram business profile (if you are not)
- Then open your Insights on Instagram by tapping the insight icon in the top right corner of your profile.
- This will show a complete metric and observation of your account and the number of users who have saved your posts.
You also can see the insight of each one of your posts by tapping on the 3 dots above the post. If you want to comprehend more about Instagram insight, check this link.
All in all
With this feature, the Instagram collection, this platform did 2 excellent tasks together! First, you can organize your saved posts and put them in the category you have made, and second, the algorithm can use it and detect the practical and more engaging content even better.
I know you have already used this great feature. Would you mind sharing your ideas and comments with us in the section below?