How Do you Hide Filters’ Names on the Instagram Story?
Instagram is one of the most-used apps for taking and posting pictures. It has become even more popular since adding the “Story” feature. Instagram stories have lots of options, and it is one of the best platforms to post any trendy pictures or other things.
We have talked about Instagram stories already, and here we want to discuss one of its most welcomed feature that has been added since 2017. Can you guess which option?
Yes, you are right! Instagram face filters. Instagram stories filters are very useful for those who use the stories section more often.
You can find so many amazing filters on Instagram. If you don’t know how to find the best filters, we have added +40 best Instagram Filters for selfies.
For some users, it is ok to show the filters’ names in the story, but there are a group of people who don’t want to share the filter’s name for some reason.
Here we give some solutions if you are on the second group’s side! So stay with us till the end to learn the tricks.
Why do some users want to hide the Instagram filters’ names in the story section?
As the title represents, some users don’t like the name of the filters that appear in their stories. The most common explanation is that they don’t want other people to find out they are using filters!
Yes, some users want to hide they are using filters on all platforms, especially Instagram. So they are seeking ways to hide them.
Although there are other reasons, some users want to keep their stories neat and clean without too many written objects and so on.
These are the most likely reasons users don’t want the filter’s name to appear under their username in the story section. In the following part, we explain how you can prevent this from happening.
How do you hide filters’ names on your Instagram stories?
As you already know, one of the most used and popular, and quick ways to edit an Instagram story is by enabling a filter. Instagram will show the used filter name and its creator’s name on the top side of the story below the Instagram username.
For some users, it is disturbing to have the filter name on their story, so you can use this trick to avoid it from happening:
- On Instagram, open the camera in the story section.
- After that, take a photo or video using your chosen filter
- Then, tap on the “Save” option in the story to save it to your camera roll or gallery.
- Again go to the Instagram story and select the saved picture from the gallery.
- Now add it to your story, and you will see the filter or the effect name is removed from the story.
Instagram currently doesn’t offer any feature or option to remove the filter effect name when you use any of them on the Instagram story. So all you have to do are these easy steps as well to hide it.
There are plenty of filters on Instagram, and you have some of them saved in your story section. What would you do if you wanted to delete some of them that are not trendy anymore?
Read the section below if you want to know how to manage your filters and delete the ones you don’t like anymore.
How to remove the filters that are on your Instagram stories?
Instagram, this popular platform, allows its users to eliminate any of the filters that are on the story section. The filters have been available since 2017, so certainly, there are some old effects that you want to remove.
To do this and delete the effect you don’t like on your Instagram story, just follow these steps:
- first, enter the Instagram platform and open the story section
- Then choose the option named “Camera.”
- After the front camera is opened by default, you need to go to the bottom of the screen.
- You will see the filters you have saved. They are displayed to the left and right of the capture button.
- Suggested effects by the application are located to the right side.
- choose the filter you want to remove from your stories,
- And after that, select its name under the capture button.
- A menu of particular options for the filter will pop up, and you have to select the “Remove effect” option.
- Now you have removed the filter from your Instagram stories section.
Using this simple way, you can remove any filter and effect that is not trendier and will clean the space for new and better Instagram story filters.
If you want to clear all the filters and add new ones, you can clear the cache of your Instagram application. If you don’t know how to clear your Instagram cache read this article. We have gone through it.
In a nutshell
This paper has discussed how you can remove a filter name on your Instagram story. We also mentioned why some users don’t like the effect name appearing in their stories.
You have to take pictures or videos with your favorite Instagram filter and save them in your gallery. Now, if you post it as your story, the effect name won’t appear under your Instagram username.
Stay tuned for our further Instagram tips and tricks. Please share your comments about this topic in the section below.