How to Change the Instagram Chat Background Color in 2022?
Instagram, this popular platform, has proved that it doesn’t want to be an app just for sharing content such as photos and videos. It wants to be a great app to communicate, too. Generally, this platform wants to contain all the aspects of our lives and fulfill all the expectations we have from a social media app.
So far, Instagram has been paying attention to its “Direct section” and has released many great options. We have mostly talked about these updates and great features.
On Instagram direct, you can create group chats, make voice calls, and make video calls. For creators, it has quick replies on DMs, reply messages, and other options you can use to make a smooth and experience a fantastic conversation.
But here and now, we want to talk about the other version on Instagram, which is changing its background.
Yes, you can change the Instagram chat background the way you like; if you want to know how to do that, stay with us.
How can you change the Instagram chat background color in the direct section?
The default Instagram chat background is a plain white color, or if you are using its dark mode, then it is a simple black color. If you are a user that chats in direct too much, you might get bored with these plain colors and want to change them.
The good news is you can do it after the amazing feature that Instagram released some time ago. As you know, Instagram Direct and Facebook Messenger can be combined in this new feature. You can link Instagram Direct and Facebook Messenger to connect their features and create the best version of direct on Instagram.
We have thoroughly explained this combination in the mentioned link. But here, we specifically want to tell you after this linking how you can change your background chat in the direct section.
In the following part, once again, we guide you on how to link Instagram direct and Facebook Messenger, and then we show how you can change the background color in the direct section. After making sure you have the last version of Instagram, read the section below.
How can you link Instagram direct section and Facebook Messenger?
- To enable this feature, go to the “Settings” on the menu in your profile tab.
- After that, find the “Update Messaging” option.
- Here, choose the “Update” button.
- To confirm the changes, go back to your home screen.
- At the top, you’ll now see the Messenger icon instead of the previous Instagram DM icon.
Now you have updated your direct, and you are ready to make incredible changes to your chats.
How can you change the chat background color after updating the direct section?
After completing the actions above, it is time to design your backgrounds the way you like and get rid of the plain white and back colors on the previous direct backgrounds.
To change the Instagram chat background color, follow the steps below:
- Open Instagram on your device.
- You are sure that you are using the latest version of the app.
- On the Feed, Click on the Messenger icon in the top-right corner of the screen. Or, you can only swipe left to open your Instagram Direct.
- Now open the chat you want to change its background image.
- Tap the username or info icon to open the chat details page.
- Under the settings, you can find and click on the “Theme” option.
- You can see different themes and colors that you can apply to your background in the pop-up.
- Worse luck, Instagram doesn’t show the themes preview. But you can apply the theme and see how it looks.
- To apply the theme, click on it, and you are done.
In this way, you can change the background color of your chats on the direct section and make it look beautiful. But there are some essential points you need to know about this feature.
More information about the new direct and messenger:
- After you change the chat theme, it will apply to your phone and also to the other user. It’s a common setting for both users in the chat.
- In the chat, Instagram will show this message, “You changed the theme to (the user).”
- And it will notify the person that you have changed their conversation background theme.
- If the other user doesn’t like your chosen theme, they can change it, and it will apply to your phone with the same notification.
- Also, the themes depend on the dark or light mode you are using on the Instagram app; based on that, the chat theme also changes its color.
How to reset the original Instagram direct theme?
To reset and use the original direct theme, you can follow the steps below:
- On your Instagram feed, head to your direct section.
- Find the chat you want to revert its theme to the original one.
- Click on the username at the top of the screen.
- Find the theme option after the Chat settings.
- Scroll down to see and tap on the Classic option. This will make the default background theme back on your chat.
Use this guidance to reset the theme of all your backgrounds.
To come to the point:
Instagram doesn’t offer the feature to add a custom photo as the background on your chats. You have only to use its ready themes in the direct section. You also can’t apply a theme to all your DMs. When you apply a theme, it will apply on the current chat, and you can’t do it bulkily.
If you like to add a theme to all your chats, you need to do it manually. And if you can’t update your direct section, first make sure you have the latest version of Instagram.
For this, check Google Play Store or Apple Store. And if it is the latest version, you can clear your Instagram or your phone’s cache to access this amazing feature.
Please ask us anything you want in the comments, and also, share your thoughts and ideas with us. Thank you for staying with us till the end of this paper.